Monday, January 27, 2014

A Couple of Finishes

You have seen pieces and parts of these two projects and now I can show you finished!

First, here is the Botanical Gardens:

P1270001a

You might remember the flowers from last year’s Serendipity Sunday posts.  I have been working diligently to get all four seasons assembled and embellished.  Truth be told, I was getting tired of it lying around and getting in the way.  This sucker is heavy, too, so moving it was getting to be a big deal!

Here are some close-ups:

P1270002a

Winter

P1270003a

Spring

P1270004a

Summer

P1270005a

Fall

Now that BG is off the design wall I could finally get a photo of this one.  You’ve seen it’s pieces and parts on the Wednesday WOW posts.

P1240003a

The Disney Princess quilt is a completed top and I have pieced a backing for it.  Just need to set aside some time to quilt it.  There is one princess block left over and I think it will make a nice pillow – or maybe a bag to store the quilt in.  I can think about that while I’m quilting.

By the way, I got the princess patterns from Fandom In Stitches and I believe they are all by Michelle Thompson.

I’ve been doing a lot of collage and paint work lately, but nothing quite ready to be shown.  Soon I hope.  I saw a photo today of a finished doll from an on-line class I took.  It was so cute and now I am anxious to get back to work on mine!  Tsk.  A dollmaker’s work is never done!

2 comments:

Gina E. said...

Fantastic results for both projects, Liz! I could never have imagined how the Botanic Gardens would look, having only seen the individual flowers in the process of being made on your blog. A very unique quilt; are you going to display it in a show somewhere? The Disney quilt is also gorgeous - will that be given to a lucky little girl in your life?

Anonymous said...

Very well done, and thank you for showing us the four seasons at all the stages.

It has been an interesting year!