Saturday, May 2, 2015

April Recap

Almost a month since me last post . . . now where did that month go?!?  Well, I have been busy, so how about a little summary?

Art Journal Emporium

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but I subscribe to Tangie Baxter’s AJ Emporium and we have a lot of activities geared to inspiring creativity.  Plus, it’s a lot of fun!  Check out the box in the right column if you think you might like to join, too.

One of the activities I take part in is a monthly Artist Trading Card (ATC) swap.  Here is what I received in April:

March-ATC-swap

The Daily Art Dose

I decided to do lettering practice for April – here are some of my favorites:

ATC-Apr9ATC-Apr15ATC-Apr18ATC-Apr29-800x581ATC-Apr21-22

Emporium Book Club

Yet another activity is the Book Club.  This month, our book was “Art Journal Courage: Mixed Media Techniques” by Dina Wakley.  Check out some of the things I created with the help of this book!

Book-Club-altered-photoBook-Club-doodleBook-Club-eagle

Digital Scrapbook

Since I’ve “discovered” the joys of Photoshop Elements, I’ve used a lot of family photos to create layouts suitable for memory keeping.  One way I keep focused is by joining on-line challenges.  The challenges mean I’m not doing things in any kind of order, but that works for me just fine!

EasyRidermulti-designer---irisTwo-of-a-kindG19-EmmaB1-GrandpaO4-family

Quilting

In spite of how it may look with all that, I DO have time for a bit of quilt making – just a bit!  These blocks took most of the month, but they are mostly done.

DSC00369

And there are three rows ready to be stitched together:

DSC00371

This is just a sampling.  Whew – makes me tired to look at it all together!  I’m ready for May, though.  Bring it!

No comments: