Thursday, January 28, 2016

Intention

noun in·ten·tion \in-ˈten(t)-shən\

Simple Definition of intention (from Merriam-Webster)

: the thing that you plan to do or achieve : an aim or purpose

Full Definition of intention

  1. a determination to act in a certain way : resolve

  2. import, significance

  3. what one intends to do or bring about

  4. a process or manner of healing of incised wounds

  5. concept; especially :  a concept considered as the product of attention directed to an object of knowledge

That’s it – my Word of the Year.  I decided I need to focus on where I’m headed and what I want to achieve – as opposed to just letting each day take me where it will.

Our intention creates our reality.”  --Wayne Dyer

Last year, my Word sort of fizzled out some time in March.  I don’t want that to happen this year.  To help keep this year’s word in front of me, I created a planner.

DSC00028

I searched for quotes about Intention and included one for each week.  Some are about what Intention can do for you, and some are reminders that it takes more than just intent to make progress.

Mindfulness has helped me succeed in almost every dimension of my life. By stopping regularly to look inward and become aware of my mental state, I stay connected to the source of my actions and thoughts and can guide them with considerably more intention.”  -- Dustin Moskovitz

DSC00024

I printed out calendars for each month as well, and space for notes, plus a review at the end of each month.  I even made a separate section with specific goals and space for more notes.  Oh boy, am I ever organized!

DSC00025

I had the most fun, though, binding it all together.  I saw a post  somewhere once where the binding had heart patterns in it.  So, I figured why not put the year on the spine?  It’s pretty rough (and it was really a hassle to do!), but I am amazed that you can actually read the year!  Wow!

So, now that January is almost over, how am I doing?  Well . . . . . my intention was to write this post at the beginning of the month .  . . . . and my intention was to actually write two posts – one for the Word and one for the planner.  But, hey!  At least it’s still January!!

Maybe February will be better.

No comments: